New Reference Works & Databases:
- We updated our e-book collections from ACS, Elsevier, Hanser, IWA, IOP, Knovel, OECD, McGraw-Hill, Safari and Springer with the new titles for 2017.
- We have bought all e-books from the American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) (189 titles).
- Besides the CSIRO journals, we have also arranged an EBA model with which
- Lib4RI users can access all CSIRO e-books (about 500 titles).
- We newly offer about 40,000 titles from the aggregator Ebsco. One part of these e-books is licensed via a subscription model while the other part is offered in a Patron-Driven Acquisition (PDA) model. The model allows us to offer many e-books from smaller publishers that we did not have in our portfolio yet, backlist titles from bigger publishers and titles from subject areas where the acquisition of complete collections would not make sense at Lib4RI.
- The PDA model from JSTOR was extended by 5‘764 titles. These come from the subject areas: Astronomy, Education, General Science, Management & Organizational Behavior and Sociology. Additionally, the PDA pool was complemented by two copyright years.
- Oxford University Press (OUP) is another reputable publisher with which we could arrange an Evidence-Based Acquisition (EBA) model. There are currently 970 titles included, which come from the subject areas biology, physics, mathematics and further areas.
- After we had not acquired the new e-books from the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) in the last two years, we have purchased the missing copyright years and the new titles for 2017.
- We can now offer access to all Wiley e-books via an EBA model, which includes nearly 20,000 titles. All copyright years and subject areas are included, new titles are continuously added.
Should you encounter access problems or have any questions about our databases and e-books, we would be pleased to assist you. We also highly value your feedback on our new products. Please contact us at @email.