Our biannual training modules on Searching & Managing Scientific Information usually offered to all affiliates of Eawag, Empa, PSI and WSL will once again be replaced by a webinar miniseries (via Zoom) covering selected topics, this time also including a new session on research data management. Let’s hope we can continue with our full set of training modules by autumn.
- Getting Started with LaTeX: you get introduced to LaTeX’s philosophy and potential. You are shown how to create a LaTeX document with attention to scientific writing oriented features. The course is for full beginners of LaTeX.
Date: 27 April 2022, 09:00-12:00
- Open Access: You become acquainted with the different models of Open Access, including research funders’ policies.
Date: 3 May 2022, 10:00-11:30
- Copyright & CC Licences: You learn how to deal with copyright questions related to scientific works, including copyright transfer agreements and author rights.
Date: 5 May 2022, 10:00-11:00
- Scientific Publishing: Part 1: You get introduced to some useful steps prior to writing a paper and obtain a short summary on grammar and style.
Date: 12 May 2022, 10:00-11:30
- Research Data Management: You get acquainted with the basic concepts and importance of research data management and learn how to identify the relevant strategies and tools to implement research data management in your research practices.
Date: 17 May 2022, 10:00-11:30
- Scientific Publishing: Part 2: You receive tips on the publication process and learn about author identification and visibility.
Date: 19 May 2022, 10:00-11:00
Please refer to Lib4RI’s training website for more details and registration links.
Should you have any questions please contact Lib4RI’s InfoServices at @email or via phone/Skype (058 765 5700).