Join our team! We offer a multifaceted and exciting position as E-Resources Specialist at Lib4RI.
What can you expect?
- Handling a defined product portfolio of electronic information resources (databases, e-journals, e-books, electronic reference works, etc.)
- Monitoring changes in the product range and in their use for the collection development
- Participation in product negotiations with academic publishers and information service providers as well as representation of Lib4RI’s interests for products purchased through the Consortium of Swiss University libraries
- Documentation of all information on acquired products in the relevant reference systems (especially Alma)
- Support in the operational implementation of Open Access (OA) contracts together in cooperation with publication services
- Willingness to collaborate in other areas of the library’s work and to participate in Lib4RI’s strategic development in a dynamic and increasingly IT-driven environment
What do you bring with you?
- University degree, preferably in library and information sciences
- In-depth knowledge of library tasks related to access to e-resources and, if possible, experience in the design and implementation of OA contracts
- High affinity to IT-based systems and excellent office skills
- Strong communication skills in German and English
- Independent and structured work, a high degree of service orientation, initiative, and willingness to take responsibility
Please take a look at the full details of this job opportunity (in German) and apply via the online application portal.