We have licensed several new databases and reference works:
- AccessEngineering (McGraw-Hill) delivers interactively multidisciplinary information and full text of 330 e-books, including the latest editions of Marks’ Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook, Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers and Roark’s Formulas for Stress and Strain.
- AccessScience (McGraw-Hill) is a dynamic online resource covering major scientific disciplines. It offers encyclopedia articles, research updates, news and definitions from the «Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms». A lot of content comes in multimedia format.
- A one-year trial access to 28 volumes of the ASM Handbook of ASM International, the materials science and engineering society. The handbook is a comprehensive source of information on ferrous & non-ferrous metals and materials technology (more details).
- Britannica Image Quest, the image database with more than 2.5 million rights-cleared images in high resolution from well-known collections (more details).
- A one-year trial access to CAB Abstracts, a bibliographic database from CABI giving access to over 7.3 million records from over 10,000 serials, books, conference proceedings covering the applied life sciences with agriculture, environment, veterinary sciences, applied economics, food science and nutrition. The records date from 1973 onwards. Cab Abstract comes with CABI Full Text, giving access to over 188,000 journal articles, conference papers and reports, with the majority not available electronically elsewhere.
- Two CABI compendia: Crop Protection Compendium and Forestry Compendium.
- 11 new Elsevier major reference works and handbooks (as e.g. the Comprehensive Water Quality & Purification, Climate Vulnerability, the Brenner’s Encyclopedia of Genetics, the encyclopedias of Biodiversity, and of Biological Chemistry, the treatises on Geomorphology and on Geochemistry, as well as the Handbook of Statistics).
- The licensed database Nucleonica is expanded by the «Karlsruhe Nuclide Chart Online (KNCO)», providing the latest experimental data for ground states and isomers, and schematic information on decay properties and half-live (more details).
- Standards Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, a peer-reviewed reference work providing valuable analytical techniques for the determination of water quality. It is published by the American Public Health Association (APHA), the American Water Works Association (AWWA) and the Water Environment Federation (WEF) (more details).
Information on all databases licensed by Lib4RI together with access instructions is given on our website (Resources > Databases). Reference works are thematically listed on the page Resources > Reference. A very convenient search option for various databases is also the Lib4RI Searchbox on the top of every page of our website. There is also an option for «Reference (works)» in the search box.
Should you encounter access problems or have questions concerning our databases or reference works, do not hesitate to contact us at @email. What do you think about the new products and trials? We value your feedback.