After 3 years of webinars with somewhat reduced content we are very happy to get back to Lib4RI’s full on-site training series «Searching & Managing Scientific Information» for PhD students and other interested members of the 4 federal research institutes Eawag, Empa, PSI & WSL. From October to December 2022, we offer seven individually bookable modules, this time also including the new module 7 on research data management.
- In module 1, «Searching Scientific Information», you become skilled in finding relevant scientific information using suitable tools offered by Lib4RI.
- In module 2, «Scientific Publishing – From Writing to Sharing», you will be guided through the scientific publication process from start to finish.
- In module 3, «Open Access & Copyright», you gain knowledge on the principles of Open Access (OA) publishing and learn how to deal with copyright questions related to scientific works.
- In module 4, «Literature Management with Endnote», you get introduced to scientific literature management using Endnote (MS Word).
- In module 5, «Getting Started with LaTeX», you are guided in creating your first LaTeX document, with special attention to scientific writing oriented features. The course is for LaTeX beginners.
- In module 6, «Work on Your Own Project», you work on your own literature project receiving individual assistance.
- In the new module 7, «Research Data Management – The Basics», you learn to identify the relevant strategies and tools to implement research data management in your research practices.
A detailed course description is available here. Course notes will be available online a couple of days prior to the sessions.
All sessions are open to all members of the 4 research institutes, PhD students and other new researchers are particularly invited. Most modules are offered on-site at Eawag-Empa Dübendorf, PSI Villigen and WSL Birmensdorf. On request, students attending four or more modules will receive a recommendation for 1 ECTS credit point. More details incl. dates, venues and online registration can be found on Lib4RI’s training website.