To meet our user’s demands even better, we have licensed some new e-journal packages for 2018. However, we have also cancelled some journals and journal packages due to low usage, high price increases or a combination of both. These are the most important changes:
- Jstor: Upgrade from the smaller «Biological Science Collection» to the «Life Sciences Collection» (27 additional journals).
- Oxford University Press: Update from the Full collection 2015 to the Full Collection 2018. The upgrade includes 60 new journals.
- Springer: The Swiss consortium negotiated a gap fill for the Springer Optimum database. Through this gap fill Lib4RI patrons have access to about 175 additional journals.
- Taylor and Francis: Taylor and Francis was one of the last big publishers were we could not provide backfile access until now. We have closed this gap in our portfolio by acquiring the collections with the strongest demand, the «Science & Technology collections». The collections comprise about 400 journals from the subject areas «Biological, Earth & Environmental Food Science», «Chemistry», «Engineering Computing & Technology», «Mathematics & Statistics» and «Physics».
- Wiley: Due to changes in the distribution rights we had to purchase the backfiles of six journals («American Fisheries Society package» & «Medical Physics») to maintain access, which were available until 2017 via other publishers.
- American Association of Cancer Research (AACR): The journals «Cancer Research» and «Clinical Cancer Research» were not renewed due to their low usage and the high price increase for 2018 and the last years.
- American Phytopathological Society (APS): The APS journal «Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions» was not renewed because of the low demand for it. The other journals are still available.
- Mary Ann Liebert: The trial for the three journal collections from Mary Ann Liebert finished by the end of 2017. The usage of the journals was lower than expected and we decided not to subscribe to it regularly.
- Nature Complete: Due to a very high price increase for the Nature Complete package we could not justify a continuation of this subscription. The subscription to the most important Nature Journals was of course renewed, via Nature Complete we could enable access to older volumes and journals that are not of major importance for Lib4RI.
- Wageningen Academic Publishers: The trial for all of the journals was cancelled by the end of 2017 because of the low usage.
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have questions concerning these changes in our journal portfolio or if you come across access problems. We also highly value your feedback on our new products.