By converting our e-book acquisition even stronger in the direction of demand-driven models such as «EBA» and «PDA», we were able to improve our offerings for 2018 even further:
- Elsevier EBA: Lib4RI users have now access to all Elsevier E-Book collections via an EBA model.
- Proquest: Safari Tech Books: We reduced our subscription to Safari Tech books to a custom collection of 300 titles. We can alter the title list each month so please contact us for title request. In the last years the usage of Safari Tech books was always limited to this number of titles and we were able to halve our spending for the product this way.
- Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM): Due to the continuously high number of user demands for SIAM books we purchased the complete e-book collection from 1971-2018 (about 470 titles).
- Springer: A newly installed EBA model grants access to additional e-book collections, namely: «Computer Science» (2005-2009, 2016-2018) , «Mathematics and Statistics» (2005-2009, 2016-2018), «Medicine» (2005-2018) and «Professional & Applied Computing» (2005-2018).
We also purchased the 2018 updates of the best-used e-book collections from the most important publishers and renewed existing EBA and PDA models: ACS, CRC E-Books, Hanser, IOP, IWA, OECD iLibrary, Springer, Wageningen Academic Publishers, Wiley, World Scientific
The EBA models from Artech House, CSIRO and Momentum Press were not renewed due to low user interest. Some of the Elsevier book series we had subscribed were not well-used, thus we renewed only six of them.
- Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters): We extended our offering of Clarivate Analytics databases by the so-called Citation Connection, which includes the Book Citation Index, Current Chemical Reactions, Index Chemicus, Data Citation Index and Current Contents Connect (please choose the single databases from the drop-down menu).
- CAB Abstracts is now available via Clarivate Analytics instead of CABI. We hope to increase the usage of this database by the integration.
- Geodata4Edu: We licensed Geodata4edu already in August last year after intensive negotiations. Geodata4Edu is the national portal for geodata in teaching and research for Switzerland. You can find data from SwissTopo there, but also from the BAFU, other federal agencies and some cantons (details: http://geodata4edu.ethz.ch/availableDatasets.html). The data can be accessed via a search portal: https://www.geodata4edu.ch/ and a GIS browser or the better-known GeoVITE website.
The license for the SciFinder add-on «Methods now» was not renewed due to the unexpectedly low user interest.
Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions concerning our new e-book offerings or the new databases. We highly value your feedback on our new products.