t. +41 58 765 5700
The library Lib4RI invites interested researchers from Eawag, Empa, PSI and WSL to join this
free MethodsNow / SciFinder workshop held by Dr Philippe Kamalaprija, a representative for CAS at ACS International.
Tue, 7 March 2017, 10.00–12.00 at Eawag-Empa Dübendorf, Überlandstrasse 133, 8600 Dübendorf, Forum Chriesbach, Room C24
• Max 24 participants
Please bring your laptop with WiFi/WLAN
• Language is English
• Details & Registration
MethodsNow features step-by-step protocols for analytical and synthetic methods in areas like water analysis, pharmacology, HPLC, food analysis, natural product isolation analysis, plus:
• easy access to method details from hundreds of thousands of disclosed procedures
• lets you quickly compare analytical methods side-by-side
• displays experimental details in easy-to-read table format
• includes materials, instrumentation, conditions and more
• covers synthetic preparations from top journal articles and patents
• features content curated by CAS scientists for superior discoverability and CAS Method Numbers, a new unique CAS identifier for quick reference
SciFinder provides researchers with access to the Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) and its digital research environment to search, retrieve, analyse and link chemical information. SciFinder is based on a broad international collection of journals, patents and other sources. The Best Practice SciFinder demonstration will assist you to use the database in a more efficient and productive manner. For example, do you know that when searching a particular topic you should avoid using and/or? Do you know that we have experimental procedures and we can perform retro-synthesis? Do you know how to search Analytic information (categorize)?